Trifast Plc remains staunchly committed to preventing modern slavery in our corporate activities, and ensuring, as far as we are able, that our supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking.
This statement is published in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and serves to provide an update on activities undertaken by the Trifast Group in 2016 and to establish planned actions in 2017.
Updates from 2016
The roll out of our anti modern slavery training commenced for all current employees in identified roles – these roles being predominantly in supply chain management and customer facing roles. Over two thirds of this population have completed the training as of May 2017.
As part of the Group’s efforts to complete due diligence on our supply chains, Supplier Declarations have been issued to 130 of our highest spend vendors. All of these vendors have responded positively. These vendors represent 75% of our annual vendor spend.
Planned actions in 2017
- Training will be completed for 100% of the above mentioned employee group.
- Awareness training for modern slavery – all employees will be provided with an awareness of modern slavery and how to act in the event of discovering modern slavery practices, within our induction training programme.
- Supplier declarations will be obtained from a further number of vendors. Once received, these combined with those received in 2016 will represent over 80% of our suppliers by value.
- Annual internal audits have been amended to include a review on Modern Slavery awareness and all entity Directors will be required to confirm continued compliance.
- A new, externally provided whistleblowing hotline and reporting service has been launched across all 28 locations within the Group, offering a 24 hour service.
This statement has been approved by the Main Board of Trifast Plc who will review and update it annually.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Act and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 March 2017.
Chief Executive Officer